Your Pathway To Intimacy With God
This week we will do something different. I am currently in Columbus, GA for a women’s conference (Sisters of Salt). I shared a message entitled “Your Pathway to Intimacy With God”. The point of the message is that you must know who you are before you can be truly intimate with a God who made plans for you before the world began. Once you find God you are in position to find yourself. Once you start walking in your divine purpose, you will have a precious intimacy with your Creator.
In this week’s Get Inspired video I have shared a few clips from the message and I will also provide you a link to the entire message.
As for the written portion, here are a few highlights from my notes:
To Be Intimate With God You Must Know:
- You are NOT a mistake.
- You are on this planet for God’s divine purpose.
- You were born WHEN you were born (the right time)…
- You were born WHERE you were born (the right place)…
- Because of WHY you were born: God’s Purpose for your life!
God sent you to the PLANET for His Divine Purpose and He is FULLY COMMITTED to HELPING YOU COMPLETE HIS PURPOSE!
As natural parents we raise our children in TWO DIRECTIONS:
We love them, but at some point THEY HAVE TO GO!
But GOD NEVER WANTS US TO GO!
GOD IS THE ONLY PARENT WHO NEVER CUTS THE UMBILICAL CORD!
HE SENT US HERE AND HE YEARNS TO BE CLOSE AND INTIMATE WITH US… ALL THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES!
*** You will never experience TRUE INTIMACY with God until you:
- DISCOVER YOUR PURPOSE
- ACCEPT YOUR PURPOSE
- WALK IN YOUR PURPOSE
Let’s Start At The Beginning of the Book: (Read Gen 1:26-28)
- Adam was created in the image and likeness of God.
- Adam was supposed to be an extension of God in the earth.
- Adam was to RULE DOWN HERE like God RULES UP THERE!
- Adam knew whom he was.
In Genesis 2 we find a picture of God’s original intent:
- Adam had purpose (He was assigned to the garden).
- Adam had power (Whatever he named something, it became).
- Adam had provision (All his needs were met and he could eat from a vast garden).
- Adam had partnership:
- a) He had intimacy with God (walking with God in the cool of the day).
- b) He had intimacy with his wife (connected with her in unity).
*** By the end of Genesis 2 you see Adam and his wife NAKED and NOT ASHAMED (2:25).
Why were they NOT ASHAMED?
- They knew who they were.
- They had intimacy with God.
- They were walking in their purpose.
- They were living GOD’s BEST!
*** BUT All of this was lost when Adam sinned!
- Purpose was lost.
- Identity was lost.
- Relationship was lost.
- Intimacy was lost.
*** BEFORE, Whenever God looked at Adam He saw the ADAM HE CREATED BEFORE the FOUNDATIONS OF THE WORLD!
Everytime God looked at Adam in Genesis 2:
- He SAW THE REAL ADAM.
- He SAW THE ADAM HE CAME UP WITH.
- He SAW THE ADAM HE HAD IN HIS MIND.
- He SAW HIS SON.
*** God could be INTIMATE WITH ADAM because ADAM WAS LIVING THE LIFE HE WAS BIRTHED TO LIVE!
*** But in Genesis 3, when God looked at Adam, He did not SEE ADAM!
- The real ADAM had been lost.
- The real ADAM had been stripped.
- ADAM LOST HIS PURPOSE and IDENTITY when He sinned.
*** When God looked at him, God did not even know WHO HE WAS ANYMORE.
God said, “Adam, where are you?” (Gen 3:9)
*** God did NOT say this because He did not know where Adam was.
Of course God knew where He was.
God was saying:
- Where is the real Adam?
- Where is the Adam I created?
- Where is the Adam I planned for?
- Where is the Adam I dreamed of?
- WHERE IS ADAM?
- When I look at you now, I don’t even know who you are!
God could NO LONGER walk with him in the cool of the day.
God could NO LONGER be intimate with him.
God could NO LONGER fellowship with him.
- STRIPPED of the Holy Spirit
- DISCONNECTED from God
- DISCONNECTED from his Purpose
*** Adam LOST IT ALL!
**** BUT JESUS CAME AND DIED TO GET IT ALL BACK! ****
JESUS DIED TO GET US OUT OF EVERYTHING ADAM GOT US INTO!
JESUS CAME TO RESTORE US TO GENESIS 2!
JESUS CAME SO WE COULD HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT!
JESUS CAME SO WE COULD DISCOVER OUR PURPOSE!
JESUS CAME SO WE COULD BE INTIMATE WITH GOD!
THAT’S GOOD NEWS!
THAT’S THE GOSPEL!
That’s enough for the recap. I trust this message has been a blessing to you.
Until next week,
This is the link to the video:
Also, here is a the link to the full message: