Honor Series (Part 3)
For the last few messages we have been discussing honor. In our last message we discussed honoring God with your life. The main scripture was:
(Colossians 3:17 ERV)
Everything you say and everything you do should be done for Jesus your Lord.
This week we will continue in the same vein. Honoring God with your life. Let’s get into it.
God wants us to HONOR Him with our LIFE:
- We must understand that our life is not our own
- God place everything in us before we were even born for – He did this for HIS PURPOSE!
- God wants us to REPRESENT HIM on the earth!
Jesus is our ultimate example:
- When Jesus was in this earth His focus was on bringing glory to the Father.
- Jesus allowed the Father’s LOVE to flow through Him.
- Every sinner He encountered, He treated with LOVE.
- When they encountered Jesus. Their life was changed for the better.
- Can those you encountered last month, or yesterday or today or even 5 mins ago say the same about you?
19 Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.
20 “For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel.…
- WHY did the Father reveal Himself to Jesus? Because He LOVED JESUS!
- There is no difference when it comes to us.
- The Father LOVES YOU with the SAME LOVE He loved JESUS WITH!
- The Father reveals Himself to you so you can DO WHAT JESUS DID!
- God LOVES YOU and He wants YOU to honor Him with your life!
- Everything we do should line up with God!
- Everything we do should HONOR HIM!
- Our life is ALL ABOUT HIM!
John 5: 30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
- Jesus credited the Father for everything he did!
- He heard God speak to him, He listened, and THEN He did!
- Jesus was not concerning about pleasing himself or the disciples. He sought to please God.
- We need to take heed to the last half of this verse: “For I seek not to please myself but him who sent me”
- So many of us do things trying to please ourselves and each other and it is not about us.
- We have to stop living a life trying to please man, and PLEASE GOD.
- When you live a life to please God, man will fall in line.
Remember that YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE by the GRACE of GOD!
God’s GRACE has come TO you, so that it can FLOW THROUGH YOU – for God’s glory!
God will BLESS YOU, SO you CAN BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS!
LIVING THIS WAY BRINGS HIM GLORY!
Get Inspired to PLEASE GOD in all that you do!
Get Inspired to bring GLORY TO GOD!
Get inspired to BE A person of HONOR!
We will continue this series next week or as the Lord leads as we go on vacation for the next few weeks.