God Wants You Healthy & Whole
1 Thes 5:23 (Easy To Read Version)
We pray that God himself, the God of peace, will make you pure—belonging only to him. We pray that your whole self—spirit, soul, and body—will be kept safe and be blameless when our Lord Jesus Christ comes.
- Just like there are three facets or aspects of God (Father, Son and Spirit), there are three facets or aspects of us.
- We are Spirit, Soul, and Body.
- You are a Spirit (that’s who you really are).
- You possess a Soul (which is your mind, emotions and will)
- You live in a Body (for now)
- God wants ALL OF YOU (Spirit, Soul and Body), Healthy and Whole!
To be a healthy man/woman we must be:
- Spiritually fit
- Emotionally fit
- Physically fit
Being a healthy man/woman is:
- A mindset
- A lifestyle
It is not necessarily
- A dress/pants size
- It is not a number on a scale
- It is not what others may think you suppose to look like,
- Or a certain number you suppose to weigh
How Does One Become Spiritually Fit?
Here are some ways to be Emotionally healthy:
1. Quit being afraid of what others think.
- Release yourself from the pressure of trying to please other people and focus solely on pleasing God.
- Be a God-pleaser, not a man-pleaser!
- God’s opinion of you is the only one that ultimately matters.
- Keep in mind that you must care well for yourself before you can care well for the other people God wants you to serve (such as your spouse and children)
- You have inherent worth because God created you in His image!
Choose to base your identity on God’s love for you rather than on what others think of you. Once you do, you will feel the stress roll away!
2. Exercise your mind daily – GOD’s way: take mental inventory.
- Take a few days to pay attention to how you may be trying to use words and actions to gain approval from other people.
- Then pray about what you notice, asking God to empower you to change those unhealthy habits and give you the confidence to simply be yourself when interacting with people.
- Free yourself from unhealthy relationships.
- Some people in your life may have to go.
- You may be carrying too many luggage — you are not American airlines — Let it go!
- Use that time to read Bible verses that describe God’s love for you, and reflect on them often.
3. Quit blaming others for stress & problems in your life.
- Shift your focus away from blaming others for the problems in your life.
- Take personal responsibility.
- Take ownership of your own challenges.
- You will never overcome what you do not acknowledge.
4. Quit living someone else’s life.
- Don’t hand control of your life over to other people. Instead, do your best to discover and fulfill God’s unique purposes for you.
- Stop being someone else, discover who God say you are and be the authentic you—you will feel 10 lbs lighter!
Being a healthy man/woman is:
- Being whole: Spirit, Soul & Body
- Being emotionally, spiritually & physically fit.
- God wants you to live a LONG and HEALTHY life!
*** But you must be willing to do you part.
*** See yourself the way God sees you and you are well on your way to becoming the person He called you to be!
Get Inspired to be HEALTHY inside and out!
Get Inspired to be WHOLE: Spirit, Soul and Body!
Get Inspired to be FIT: Emotionally, Spiritually and Physically!
Get Inspired to BE YOURSELF!
Until next week,